Hello! I’m Andrea and I’ll be working in the voice department this summer. This will be my 4th time at camp and I’m looking forward to another great summer. I’m from Boston, MA where I recently received a MM in vocal pedagogy from New England Conservatory. This year I also appeared with the Cantata Singers (Boston) and the Granite State Opera (Portsmith, NH). My plan for the summer is to meet as many campers as possible in the voice studio this summer. Come and try it out… we can help you with all sorts of singing issues like, learning a new song, feeling more confident in your singing, singing more in tune, or just trying out your material in front of someone. So, sign up for voice class! We look forward to meeting you.
Mike & Jo Whitney are thrilled to be a part of the French WoodÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Rock Shop this summer. As singer/songwriters and co-authors of Ã¢â‚¬Å“I Know ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Only Rock NÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Roll but I Write ItÃ¢â‚¬Â, they enjoy teaching youth songwriting and live performance workshops. These workshops are high energy and geared for ages 7-17. Some of the activities that will be offered this summer will be:
- Songwriting Ã¢â‚¬â€œ using fun and easy activities as tools that are perfect for all levels of writing.
- Stagecraft- learning the art of stage presence that will help you to perform with confidence.
- Singing rock- voice protection, ear training, warm ups, phrasing of lyrics.
- Guitar- exercises & dexterity training, chord shapes, lead & rhythm techniques for all styles of music.
- Live Performance- overcoming stage fright, how to join a band, bantering with your audience.
And much more…
We’re planning some special events for the music department this summer:
The summer of 2007 has many new plans in store. Yamaha artist James Adler will return to the French Woods stage to perform the Grieg piano concerto.
During our 3rd session we will be host to members of the New York Philharmonic. They will also appear on our stage in a joint performance with us. In addition, master classes with the Graham Ashton brass ensemble and a flute seminar with Laurel Zucker are also in the works.