For New Campers of all ages who want to “try-out” French Woods & for Returning Campers who just cannot “get enough” of French Woods we run the standard French Woods Program with an individualized 6 period day comprised of 3 different Majors (you do each day) and 3 Minors (you choose from a list each morning).
Choose Majors in:
• Theater & More… Lower Camp, Middle Camp or Upper Camp Showcase, One Acts, Improv, Acting Technique, Musical Theatre Audition, Creative Writing, Monologues, Acting for the Camera, Tech Theater and much more.
• Music & Voice….Both group and individual private lessons are available from the staff for most orchestral instruments. Gee Troupe, Piano Lab, Chamber Music and Voice Lessons are offered.
• Dance….Classes include Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Hip Hop ,and Tap.
• Circus & Fire Fly…Circus activities include Cloud Swing and Cradle, Spanish Web, Lyra, Juggling, Cyr Wheel, Flying Trapeze, Poi and more..
• Horseback…We accommodate all levels for instruction. English and Western styles, trail rides.
• Magic…Instruction includes Trick of the Day, Close-up, Stage, Illusions, Cards, Sleight of Hand, Technique, Style.
• Rock and Roll…Be a part of a Rock Band, lessons in Guitar, Bass and Drums, Songwriting, Music Production and more.
• Art…We will offer a wide variety of classes and activities in many fine art and craft disciplines.
• Film and Video….Campers can take part in our short film program, where campers write, direct, produce and edit short films using Final Cut Pro and Premier Pro.
• Sports... Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Sports/ Waterskiing and More…Concentration on one-on-one and group instruction by professionals. Improve your skills. Daily play for team/group sports. .
• Extreme Sports…Project Adventure including Ropes Course, Climbing Tower and Zip Line; Skate Park for beginners and experienced skaters features large street course, 6 foot deep kidney bowl, 10 foot vertical ramp half-pipe and more.
• Creative Cooking…Luscious desserts while experiencing the art & science of food.
• Fitness…personal trainers, state-of-the-art equipment and machines and facility.
include a variety of Theater workshops including Characterization, Acting for the Camera,Theater Games and more, Music and Voice Lessons, Magic, Skate Park, Tennis, Water Sports, Mini Short Films, Horse riding and Horse care, Circus Rec, Visual Arts, Cooking, Fitness, Sports, Ropes Course and Climbing Wall and more..
Visiting Day for Parents & Families of Session 5begins after 10:00 AM on Saturday, August 31st. Join us for lunch on Saturday, August 31st. Many of the Majors and Major/Minors will culminate in a showcase, exhibition or presentation. All programs will be completed by dinner on Saturday and most children will leave by dinner that day. Campers utilizing our transportation back home will leave camp on Sunday morning, September 1st.
The Rate for the week is $1,075.00 until December 15th and $1,125 thereafter. Tuition includes transportation to and from Newark Airport, Queens, Westchester, Manhattan, Philadelphia or Boston.
Limited space is available! To guarantee your spot, apply online and call the office to make a $250.00 deposit.
For further information, please call our office at:
Remember: We are still offering our Father's Day weekend mini-camp for boys and girls ages 7-12. For more information please check out our minicamp program.